Do You Have a Pornography Addiction?
You May Think That You Have a Sexual Addiction but Pornography may be the culprit.
A person may have sexual or love addictions; yet, they do not have a desire to use porn.
However, can you handle knowing that you may have a porn addiction?
Check out the 10 signs below and ask yourself if anyone of these behaviors are signs of you having pornography addiction.
Answer Yes or NO to each of the 10 Signs of Pornography Addiction.
One yes may indicate that you have a pornography addiction and face severe consequences. Pay attention. You are worth it!
The Signs of Pornography Addiction
- Pornography develops out-of-control actions.
- Porn causes you to make decisions that have severe consequences because of uncontrollable, sexually acting-out.
- An individual has the inability to stop viewing porn regardless the consequences.
- Pornography causes a person to pursue high risk behavior–self-destructive.
- A person has a desire to quit but cannot seem to do so.
- An individual uses pornography to satisfy a sexual obsession and fantasy as a coping mechanism.
- A person increases the amount of time and content viewing porn because the current amount of time and material are not sufficient.
- An individual experiences severe mood changes days and months later, after viewing porn.
- A person spends inordinate amount of time and energy obtaining the next sexual high, fantasizing about being sexual, or trying to be free of pornography.
- An individual neglects important social, recreational, or occupational events because of how pornography set the mindset to seek out sexual gratification. (Carnes, 1992, p.p. 11 & 12)
Review the yes’s. Anyone of these describes addiction to pornography. On this blog, scan over the list of articles about overcoming porn addiction. Read one to three. Doing so will help you structure a way out of an addiction and help you walk the road to recovery.
Finding tools opens ways for you to overcome.
Carnes, P. (1992). Don’t call it love; recovery from sexual addiction. p.p. 11 & 12. New York; NY: Bantam Books. Retrieved from http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Call-It-Love-Addiction/dp/0553351389.