See yourself mastering 4 secrets to win freedom that you and your family so richly deserve.
As you think about your family, you discover a deep love that is difficult to put into words.
You read Chapter 3 of the book Winning. Something stirred deep in the core of your being.
You realized that you are committed to those you love.
You decided that You Will do what is necessary and take steps for sobriety.
Your family is worth it; besides, YOU ARE WORTH IT!
Is having serenity and peace of mind most important to you?
linked to limiting beliefs, feelings, and sensations.
We aren’t born with a set of beliefs; we decide what we think.
With repetition, a stimulus that is paired with a sensual response (masturbation) conditions the body to crave more pornography.
The Russian scientist Ivan Pavlov conditioned his lab dogs to crave food by ringing a bell before they ate. Eventually, just hearing the bell caused the dogs to salivate.
Repetitive stimulus: Seeing scantily dressed women, hearing sexually explicit music or dialogue, and allowing these experiences to stay in one’s thoughts for long stretches of time pushes a porn user over the edge.
No matter how long it has been since a person viewed porn, the person’s repetitive stimulus (thoughts held in mind) conditions the body (unconscious mind) to crave porn and act on that craving.
The ringing of a bell caused sexual cravings and must have masturbation for consummation.
Then, the intense physical pleasure of masturbating to porn links that stimulus (triggers: tight jeans, short skirts, low-cut blouses, nudity in a R rated movies) conditions future responses to that stimulus, therefore cocking a trigger for future relapses.
Physically and emotionally, habitual repetition sets the pattern in the body (unconscious responses).
Thus, Masturbation along with viewing porn triggers the natural drug called dopamine causing euphoric feelings.
Also, the conditioning can program the body’s memory “time line.” If a person masturbates or views porn on a Tuesday, sexual sensations for porn will resurface on or near the following Tuesday.
If you quit porn in the past and you seem to last only a certain amount of time before relapsing, your unconscious mind has an internal ticking bomb that ticks off days, minutes, and seconds for the next sexual explosion.
However, you can recondition the unconscious mind, your physical time clock. There’s good news, you can reprogram your brain and body to do what you want.
You can control your unconscious mind (body).
Become a clinical scientist. Record your thoughts, emotions, sensations
that trigger cravings for porn. Your emotional awareness reveals the pattern for porn triggers.
Break the pattern. The subconscious mind doesn’t differentiate between fact and fiction. Condition the body to respond the way you want.
Complete the following exercise to understand the 4 Hidden Secrets (write answers in a notebook) to recondition your brain and body.
Secret 1: Experience a time when you relapsed in the past (feel it). Picture it as a movie (no nudity allowed in this movie).
- What feelings were you experiencing at time of relapse?
- What limiting emotion(s) [thoughts] tore down your defenses?
- What was the trigger?
- What physical sensations did you experience; pelvic region, gut, chest, neck, forehead?
- What emotions did you feel afterward masturbating to pornography; same day, next day, week later, a month later?
Secret 2: Turn the relapse into an animated film.
- Sit or stand erect.
- Plaster a huge smile across your face.
- Breathe deeply.
- Make fists with both hands.
- Mentally run the movie of you in Fast-Reverse.
- See the relapse in dark foreboding colors (shades of black, dark browns, cold grays and blood reds, feeling acute anxiety).
- You’re the director; play the scene as it comes to you creating massive amounts of emotional pain.
- You feel the pain, negative emotions, (lust, angst, despair, acute anxiety, hopelessness…) leave your thoughts.
- You experience negative feelings (Blood Red letters) reversing out of you.
Secret 3: Play the Movie with Positive Emotions.
- Positive thoughts and emotions replace painful feelings; for example, loving and joyful feelings replace lust, angst, despair, acute anxiety, hopelessness and depression.
- You feel strength, hope, confidence, restraint, gratitude … healing you.
- You feel whole.
- You feel peace.
- The scene turns into bright colors (lush greens, vivid blues and bright yellows…).
- An aura of bright bluish white light envelops you.
- You feel incredibly powerful.
- You resist porn-triggers.
- You feel no cravings for porn. They left you.
- You hear your voice, saying, “Good Job (insert your name).
- Play the movie in fast-reverse a dozen times; faster, faster, faster; more fantastic and powerful each time. Have animation running sideways, upwards, backwards and in circles.
- The movie ends with you resisting porn; full of power, strength and joy.
Secret 4: Now think about the trigger and relapse.
- Do You experience any limiting emotions?
- Do you feel any sexual sensations, cravings or feelings from pornography?
- If you do, don’t feel alarm; just repeat step 2, until you become indifferent toward pornography.
You simply don’t feel anything to the point of having no arousal.
How Badly Do You Want to Be Free of Pornography?
Do the exercises!
Now, set a six week goal to do the 4 secrets 21 times.
If you do, you experience a transformation of mind and body.
Take the challenge.
To your peace,